The Title Register is one of the 2 main title documents (the Title Plan being the other) of a property or land, and is often referred to as the Title Deed, Property Deed, House Deed or Land Deed. An official copy of the Title Register provides irrefutable proof of ownership for land and property owners. It is regularly obtained by the general public and property professionals who require the details of the owners and the terms of ownership.
An official copy of the Title Register contains the following information:
- The name and address of the registered owners.
- Details of all rights/easements, such as rights of access, parking rights and drainage rights.
- Details of any restrictive covenants; covenants can be very important as they can affect the value of land or its intended use.
- Repair and maintenance obligations for boundary structures, such as fences and walls, are often detailed in the Register and indicated on the Title Plan by coloured markings and T markings.
- Date of purchase and price paid/value stated for any property that has been sold since April 2000.
- Registered mortgages and charges, including the name and address of the lender (such as a bank or building society).
- Details of Transfers, Leases, Deeds, Agreements and Conveyances – with dates and names of parties involved.
- For Leasehold Titles, the Title Register will contain details of the Lease Agreement, such as its date, its length (term), the amount of ground rent payable, and the parties to the Agreement.
- The unique Title Number allocated to the property or land.
- Tenure, i.e Freehold or Leasehold.
- As a matter of course, we also search the Day List Enquiry / Application Enquiry, which is a list of pending applications and official searches; such as pending purchases, transfers and mortgages. If there are any pending applications or official searches, we will notify you when providing the Register and/or Title Plan.
To obtain an official copy of a Title Register and/or Title Plan for any property or land, simply click on the link below and complete the order form.